Last year Endurance Drones and our partner Single Agriculture achieved a significant milestone with our airborne weed locating system; Single Shot. As such we were published in an issue of Australian Grain magazine.
To give you some background on the system: The Singleshot Sensor identifies and geo-locates areas of green on brown from airborne images to generate a file used by boom spray systems for controlling the required nozzle for targeted herbicide application.
Some example benefits of the Single Shot Sensor;
- Reducing the amount of chemical that is used and overall chemical costs;
- Reduction in herbicide resistance from targeted chemical use;
- Out-performing existing boom mounted spot sprayers in cost of application, weed identification and stubble occlusion;
- The capacity to treat weeds by their size;
- Providing the mechanism for differing types of selective control from a hoe through to cultivation or robots;
Read the full article on Page 21 over at Australian Grain’s website; http://www.ausgrain.com.au/Back%20Issues/283sogrn18/283sogrn18.pdf
Thanks for reading